Re: Question on a feat Deathsong Berserk

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 16:38:21 -0000

I get the impression that everyone is assuming the "death" in deathsong berserk has to be the Humakti's?

If you interpret "berserk" as some trance-like state entered during combat (pretty common in such situations, as far as I understand it, actively "berserking" just a quick route to same). I'm sure the original roots of the word have little to do with the actual state of mind of the person or his specific intentions. That is, if a nutter is running at you with a bloody sword or axe and a maniacal gleam in his eye - you're not going to dispute what sort of nutty he is.

If you marry both of these with the word "song", you have a maladjusted blokey killing other people in a more efficient way than usual, making anoise as he does so and unlikely to remember it all clearly at the end.

Hueymakt's feat Swansong Berserk, now, that's a different matter.

Sam.