Re: Re: Question on a feat Deathsong Berserk

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:30:39 +0100

> > In the sense that it is the song he sings to meet Death, that is how
>> I've read it. Of course I'm not claiming any authoritative
>> interpretation here. Just offering one I use,
>>
>> If nothing else I like the idea that Humatki singing means that they
>> know they're going to die but they're intent on killing and killing
>> until they finally fall. Imagine what that means to their enemies.
>
>Why not let the course of the action describe the reality?

But I do. What I am talking about is the expectation and the LIKELY outcome. But not the definite predetermined outcome. Maybe the enemy force will be so disheartened that they cannot stand up to the Humakti and break and run.

>If the Humakti kills and kills and kills but dies, then s/he (it?)
>sings the Song of Death too well? If the Humakti survives, then they
>were able to draw upon the power of the Song of Death without
>succumbing to it?

More I think that Humakt has decided that it is not their time yet. Maybe there are more verses to be sung. And Humakti might even be disappointed to survive.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.