Re: The Spirit is willing?

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:00:12 -0400

At 12:56 PM 05/30/2000 +0000, Tim Ellis wrote:
>> It's not inherently hostile, you can bargain or plead with the
>spirit
>> beforehand. I'd say this is a necessity with Ancestors. The
>'Combat'
>> terminology is misleading, it's more like anchoring a baloon in a
>> high wind or re-packing a sleeping bag after a weekend's camping...
>> Now, what I don't know is if it's EASIER when the spirit is willing?
>
>A willing spirit might be integrated/placed in a fetish as a result
>of a simple contest, or even ability test of the binders Spirit
>Combat rather than a full blown extended contest. (And in "game
>reality" probabaly will if the GM doesn't want to run a Spirit Hunt
>as a part of the adventure).
>
>Alternatively a "friendly" spirit is only likely to make very low
>bids in a spirit combat exchange, whereas a hostile spirit will be
>much more aggressive...

Here are some other ideas for friendly/hostile spirits:

First of all, I gave them ratings of 17 as relationship abilities:

  1. In an extended contest, these abilities can be used to augment as either edges or hindrances (my preference) or as augmentation to target number.
  2. In a simple contest or ability test, they could be used to augment the target number.

Thanks,
Andy