AP bids from creatures with multiple attacks ??

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 10:00:23 +0100 (BST)

>>So instead of having a scorpion man with
"sword and shield fighting" and "sting fighting" just give him or her "sword, shield and sting fighting" at a slightly higher level.<<

I'd say that this looks good to me, after all for the scorpion man attacking seperate opponents is still difficult even if he has multiple attacks. Instead of giving him a slightly higher level or augment I might be inclined to give him 'equipment bonuses': crude club +1, wicker shield +1, stinger +4

The poison is trickier, because an extended contest does not deal with whether you received actual damage until it ends, but focuses on advantage in a situation (note HQ is not unique here Blue Rose and M&M similarly drop traditional hit points in favour of a 'how disadvantaged are you' approach). So whether or not you have been poisoned seems to me to be a function of the level of defeat, not an extra attack (I think AR still held a RQ viewpoint on how to handle some situations). I would just count poison as another equipment bonus (or auto augment ultimately the two are the same thing, one is just a fixed level) say +4.

Certainly thnking of the 'cinematic' feel that HQ aims for in a movie anyone struck by the poison would be dead, the hero escapes by the sting never pumping its deadly ichor into his veins.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos