Re: AP bids from creatures with multiple attacks ??

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:58:48 +0200 (CEST)

Roderick Robertson

>> I think I've usually just let them attack multiple times, on the
>> theory that this makes them more fearsome opponents. (On the other
>> hand, they only have a single AP pool, so they can lose faster this
>> way too.)

> You might allow them to ignore the "multiple target" mods, basically
> allowing their limbs/weapons to act as followers in that regard. This is
> for
> the type of creature that can reasonably attack more than one target - say
> dragon attacking one guy in front with breath and claws, and sweeping it's
> tail to hit the guy sneaking up behind him.

Bad precedent, though - I know my players would sensibly point out that wielding a sword doesn't necessarily exclude kick attacks. Playing swashbuckler style, simultaneous attacks on two opponents are the norm rather than an exception. Multiple target mods about take care of the extra amount of coordination required for the "kick'n'slash" style attacks. (And yeah, this ought to be taken as a combat style. Like shipboard combat...)