Re: AP bids from creatures with multiple attacks ??

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:10:23 -0000

This topic has come up before. I posted some notes on how I have used Scorpion me in my game in message 14673, link below:

http://tinyurl.com/56m8m

Basicaly, I treat the Sting as a follower, and if the target is poisoned then it acts independently, as though it were a 'creature' attacking the character from the inside. Thus allowing for the poison to continue to act against the character after the combat itself has finished.

Simon Bray suggested a 'Lots of Legs' ability around about that time, and some clever ways of using it.

I don't agree that such things should always be absorbed into generic abilities. One of the great strengths of HeroQuest is the ability of the rules to accurately depict, and contribute to the narative. Distinctive abilities ancombinations of abilities ar part of that.

Simon Hibbs