Re: in character creation...

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:50:36 -0000

Hi Tony

I have just started running the Cradle scenario for our group. Its important for my story that everyone comes as far as possible from the same clan. Anyway, Lisa came up with this terrific story about her character going insane. We developed it to say that she ran off into the night never to be seen again. She found her way on to the plains opf Prax and got picked up by some Bison folk, who seeing her insanity thought that it as a message from the spirits and an omen. They took her to the shaman who recognised this strangers animist magic. They took her in, and to cut a long story short, when they returned to the Greatlands they dropped her off in Pavis. The reasoning being that she cannot tend livestock or well enough, and the nomads do not carry passengers. Besides, the shaman had informed her that her destiny lies elsewhere. Hence she managed to hook up with the players.

>From a character creation point of view there wasn't anything that
fitted what she (the player) wanted. She was looking for a winter motif. There is a *great* spirit from Nomad Gods called The White Princess, and there is a myth for her as well, placing her as a winter spirit/ deity. I have a hunch that she is a deity and that animists will be mis-applying their worship, but for game I decided that I didn't want to handicap the player in that way so I ruled that The White Princess is an animist shamanic practice.

I got some help on the digest and here and by private email from kind folks on here to generate the White Princess I wanted for my game. Then I chose about 10 or 11 snow/winter related abilities that folks gave me and I nicked from Valind. I have asked the player to choose five and spread them over two fetishes and one spirit ally. I asked her to choose 5 charms from a list of praxians charms that I cobbled together and voila!

Regards
Rob