Re: Common Magic and religion

From: paul_at_...
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:53:10 +0100

aescleal_at_... wrote:

> Ah, that's a shame. One more level of indirection of
> my Glorantha from the rest. Is this is a statement
> from on high or something inferred from Flesh Man
> being the only common magic listed in the Heortling
> keyword?

Personally I'd have thought that Flesh Man Talents were the only widespread form of Common Magic in Heortling society - but that clans and bloodlines would often have their own Common Magic Charms, Feats or Spells.

OTOH, while the "poor man's mysticism" of the SelfRock Teaching works on all Common Magic, typically Concentration on Common Magic is limited to Talents only. So for that reason, being able to use Charms or Spells "actively" might be seen as odd in Heortling society - or any other predomiantly Theistic culture.