Re: Re: Common Magic and religion

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:41:47 -0400

On Thu, 2005-21-07 at 07:40 +0000, Rob wrote:
> No. It sounds like the player is playing the percentages. Nice!

Actually he isn't. He's going purely by character concept.

> You may remember a long dialogue on this list about the advantages
> of concentrated common magic and having affinities from a deity.

Nope. Don't remember it at all, actually. How would you manage that, anyway? If you've concentrated your common magic, you had to give up all divine magic, no?

> You can pick a bonus up from an affinity (thus for a rating of 17, a
> +2 which aint bad). You get to use your common magic as active
> abilities, and can make up new stuff as you go, giving you great
> flexibility. If you really want to improvise a feat from your
> affinity your at -10, but with the judicious use of a hero point
> your rating effectively equates to 7M plus any other augments if you
> want to 'Run up Cliff'.

Honestly, I'd never allow this in my game. My read of "concentrate common magic" pretty clearly means you can't then keep an affinity. LC