Re: Common Magic and religion

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:49:35 -0400

I seem to recall the opposite. Despite Kolat being part of the Storm Tribe, most people don't get to be practitioners and communal members. Yes, most people have common magic and don't concentrate anything, but actually having 2 of the otherworld systems is virtually unheard of, even when the religion incorporates it.

Common Magic is the overlap that gives you what you describe below. (Except that someone has already said that Orlanthi expect all common magic to be Talents, which would invalidate your description if true. Personally I go with something closer to yours.)

LC