Re: Digest Number 1894

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:18:13 -0000

Jane wrote
> Well... some sort of defeat. 0AP, I'd say.

I don't want to get into a protracted argument on this one, but no I would definitely say Complete Defeat. 0AP has no permanent consequences other than the defeat itself.

If we allowed 0AP then everyone would simply abandon any contest they were losing to avoid the consequences. If you abandon a contest you should be completely defeated. It is of course always up to the narrator to determine the consequences of that complete defeat, but I think that if you give up you suffer as though you had been fully defeated. If you want to mitigate the consequences of your opponents victory - by example appearing to compromise - you are still in the contest.