RE: Re: Digest Number 1894

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:24:57 -0500

>From: "Ian Cooper" <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>

>If we allowed 0AP then everyone would simply abandon any contest they were
>losing to avoid the consequences.

Here's what I'd do. Go to 0 AP, but the opponent then has the choice to make a "parting shot." So, no, you're not automatically safe. But you can throw yourself on your opponent's mercy. This allows the option, but a range of possible consequences.

I like the idea of a person taking a parting shot at somebody surrenduring, losing, putting them back in the contest, and then losing because of it. :-)

Mike