Re: Augmenting and Play Styles

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:19:33 -0000

I am reading your posts and wondering whether you are actually understanding each other. Mike, you use a lot of 'the forge' vernacular that can easily be mis-interpereted. I have certainly misunderstood what you have been saying in the past. Trotsky, are you a 'forgite'? For example there are 3 classic agenda's, and most play and systems, it would seem mix these to a greater or lesser extent. But the word agenda itself can mislead if not taken in this context.

FWIW I have revised my position on my conundrum due to futher discussion off list and my own investigations and observations from past games. I had a very interesting chat with one of the players from my game tonight, and he really confirmed what I had learned from, indirectly, this thread, which has lead me to other realisations about how I GM in general.

It will be interesting going forward, how adjusting my style will affect my game, my players and how I use published material (which I have traditionaly relied on heavily).

Regards
Rob