RE: Hero Bands

From: Richard Develyn <Richard.Develyn_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:04:28 +0100

From: COPPEAU, Jean-Christophe

>I am not expert with Glorantha, but I think you missed the point.
>In most books, the true heroes have there own quests and motives, but also
>have an occupation and are part of some kind of organisation, have
>responsabilities, ..

[snipped stuff about local heroes]

I'm not so sure, but I need clarification.

I got the impression that Hero Bands exist (well, they're described on p17), and that they are similar to traditional adventurer parties in campaigns whose range of openness is Moderate or Open (p17 Roleplaying in Glorantha). The Goals section on p.22 is also much more expansive.

I get the impression that Hero Wars is much more than just members of a clan defending their cows. I think it's much more anarchic than KoDP, for example. I think it's roving Hero Bands whose members have individual motives from disparate cultures but who are somehow brought together for some time in order to perform great deeds.

Richard