Re: Hero Bands

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 12:39:32 -0000

> Or Heroes (plural). Every player in HW plays a hero - they don't
follow each
> other, they have their own followers.

There's a difference between a hero and a Hero... it's that vital capital 'H' that means 'best skill 10W2 or more' :) A Hero Band should have a leader of real importance; Harrek had his Hero Band, and they had him.

> So the heroes' followers have the purpose 'follow the hero', but
the Heroes
> themselves are a bit of a motley crew ... aren't they?

They will start that way, but they should quickly find a purpose, or else why do the local populace stand for them? What good do they do that makes it worthwhile feeding and housing them?

> I suppose they should. I put up a message on the glorantha list
(which
> hasn't come up yet) about hypocrisy wondering just how self-serving
> individual heroes might be.

Oh, absolutely, but first you must get to the level of power that allows you to defy all the usual rules. You have to be somehow popular/Heroic enough for people to throw food, gold, and their daughters, at you, or nasty enough that they can't stop you. A 5W starter, even a dozen of them with Followers, isn't that tough.

Wulf