Re: Re: Lacking Courage

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:55:28 +0100

David Dunham wrote:

>My number one hint: don't convert existing player characters. They
>won't feel the same under the new system.

Thanks for that David! My Runequest game is only a few months old, interrupted by my recent illness and my wifes seriosu illness. I was going to try converting their RQ 2 characters to HQ to try to convert my players to Heroquest. Last time we played , my first attempt, they said the game was a 'blagging contest' as they kept trying to get as many augments as possible in a very 'gamist' manner. They absolutely thrive on Runequest hard crunch mechanics though, and so I started a Pavis campaign for them. StillI hope to try HerQuest again in a couple of weeks*, and am really interested in how to best convert them to this system...

OK, so converting PC's does not work. Any more advice welcome! And thanks fopr asking the question Trevor!
cj x