Re: Animism question

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 11:25:56 +0100

>Only common magic charms can be increased.
>

>>why?

I read this last night, and did note that. Wow I can now answer Heroquest rules questions! :)
It is a little confusing, having two sets of Charms, one which can be increased, one which can't.. I did consider using a different word for Common Magic Charms, like Amulets, or Talismans, in my game - which would also allow for the possibility that such things in common magic are working by influencing Spirits in your favour, as opposed to the Charm proper which embodies a bound Spirit.

Does that make sense? It would explain why one was raisable, and one wa not, in a much clearer way I thought. A change in nomenclature emphasises the differemce.

Also is there is a single place in the book where I can point to a paragrapggh fo rnew players which explains the diffence between a Talent, Feat, Spell, Charm, Affinity, etc etc? The definitiosn seem to live in their own little chapters? A brief explanation in Character generation chapter might be useful, or have I just overlooked it?

cj x