Re: Furalor's Affinities? Half-Hsunchen?

From: s_s_sengupta <Santo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 02:34:11 -0000

Interesting. I plan to do regular backstory and past live flashbacks where the Heroes get to flesh out their backstories and different eras of Teshnan history. Perhaps I'll have one focusing on her parents unlikely romance, and tie it into larger plot hooks.

> > Is Furalor solely revered in a Theistic fashion?
> No. She is revered in the same way as all the other Teshnan
> deities - in a mixed fashion. There are several different
> Teshnan cults so take the name furalor add about two other
> Teshnan sounding names and as a result you've got your
> own Teshnan subcult of Furalor.

Understood. Another question in that vein: Do you know if the Teshnan "Kab" prefix and "Sa" suffix indicate?

> > I know the Teshnans
> >practice mixed magic, so I'm a little unsure if her followers would
> >have Spirit or Formularies/Grimoires instead.
>
> Considering that Somash worshippers are mixed in their
> worship (Alen Somash Va teaches Affinities and Spells
> while Besidi Solf Du teaches Affinities and Talents), I
> don't see any problem.

Well those cases are sort of special. In my campaign, any Priest Caste Hero who knows how to read and is a part of a Fiery Forms cult can learn a Laws of Chal Grimoire. (For a 10% Time commitment each..) Alen Somash Va is part of that, for instance.

Besidi Solf Du looks to me like cross of common magic Lanbril talents with some of Solf's Divine attributes added in.

-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."