Teshnan Source

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 15:25:47 -0000

I wouldn't dare to say it's in any way organized, but there's getting to be a good bit of stuff in my game's forum at http://differentcomputers.com/differentgames/ under the Teshnos category.

Certainly not a bit of it official, but also much of it is at the "edges" of things where I doubt there will be much contradiction. And given that we'll probably wait 5 years or more for a Teshnan/Eastern book, I'm forging ahead.

But I've also done some work giving names and relationships to the members of the Wheel of Governance.

Personally, I think that the whole "transfer of the life flame" process needs to be central to the running of a Teshnos game. The more I think about it, the more I realize that it must have deep, powerful effects on every bit of society, and that the Somash Endi Varo priests who run it have more power than any other group inside the culture.

At the very least, transferring life flames to living children means that significant numbers of high ranking holy people will be under 15 or so years old!

But enough of that. That kind of discussion probably doesn't belong on the rules list.

Mike Dawson