Re: acid

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:50:57 +0000 (GMT)

 > formic acid is pretty strong
> stuff, so will have a ability rating, but this
> should be kept
> seperately from the ants' ability to actually hit
> what they are aiming at...

If you're doing extended contests, this sounds like the sort of situation Edges were invented to handle.

If you're not...

It sounds like two contests. One to see if they hit. The next to see how much damage the acid does. But the second should get to use the results of the first as a modifier, somehow. "Deadly accurate, right in the eye" should potentially do more damage than "slight splash".

Are there any rules we can borrow to simulate this? Carry-over, sort of thing? I think we want to vary the ability of the acid, don't we, rather than the ability of the target to resist it?

Though come to think of it, that would do the job nicely. That first "did they hit?" contest has results: apply them. -1 to ability, -50% to ability, and so on. Apply them to the skill the target is about to use to defend.

Jane Williams