RE: Neutrals

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 00:59:57 -0000

> > As it stood, there was stalemate. So the job of the PCs was
> to persuade the
> > various support groups to change sides, or at least get
> more (or less)
> > enthusiastic. After a bit of this, the main NPCs would have
> another go at each other.
>
> Complicated, but probably worth it if all the PCs were
> involved.

They definitely were, and all trying different things. Followers being put to good use, too. I'm not saying this was the ideal method by any means, but as experiments go, it wasn't bad.

> > The whole thing was unfortunately cut short by a couple of extreme
> > dice-rolls on the part of the Lunar leader, who ended up
> politically very
> > very dead, and shortly afterwards, physically dead as well.
>
> Sadly, that sort of thing does happen. :)

But the drama was worth it. We have several players who can really write melodrama, and they did. And, it tidied up an NPC for me, at a time when we had too many around to keep track of. Trust the dice. The dice are your friends...