RE: Charms for friends

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 23:13:27 -0000

> > Is there any way a spiritist *can* use their magic to assist their
> friends?

> Assuming by "friends" you mean "wierdoes that don't belong to my
> tradition/practice...

Erm.... She's a PC... "friends" should perhaps read "colleagues", and includes the aforementioned Humakti, an Adept, a YT devotee, a few ducks, a 7moms initiate - yes, you name it, we've probably got it. We are All Us, right? Nice theory. Doesn't work too well in practice, it seems.

> Release the spirit from a fetish, *and* convince it to use
> it's magic for the (hopeful) target of your aid.

Aha!

> I'd make a "Friendship with spirit" contest out of it - using
> something
> like the "Follower reluctance" table (86) to determine the spirit's
> reluctance to help someone that isn't their boss.

Nice!

> So it's possible to do, but not automatic, and the fun comes when the
> practitioner is completely defeated by the spirit...

I'll have to try this just for the fun. Well, maybe.