Re: Re: Hero Bands

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:36:38 -0400

Wulf Corbett

> > And that brings me onto a problem I see with Closed Openness. Your
> tribe
> > ain't going to like it if 4 or 5 of their heroes (even little 'h'
> ones) plus
> > their followers all quit to go off a-roamin', especially if they
> all come
> > from the same clan.
>
> Well, the secret is to keep them busy with Clan business :) 'Check
> out those caves!', 'Find that Shaman!', 'We're being raided!', 'We're
> off raiding!', 'Chaos hunt!', 'Rubble Runner hunt!', 'Go check out
> that woodland before we clear it!'. Run a few years of KoDP and
> you'll soon run them ragged :)
>
> Wulf

Or the clan's obligatory heroquests. Or cajole the rest of the clan into helping you go on one to increase your worth andusefulness. Or to deal with pesky Lunar Tollbooths (tough one, that!), go steal some cattle to prove yourself to the other warriors, help a friend kidnap the girl of his dreams from a nearby clan (or help her escape from her family), travel to nearby clans to use their funky hero-cult shrines.

The list goes on and on...

Jeff