RE: Charms for friends

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:04:33 +0000

>I had it a little vague, but along the lines of her having been given a
>present that's a bit unusual for her level of Jakaleel interest, but has a
>very specific purpose. Rather like an initiate in a theist society being
>given a Divine Companion before they set out on a quest. I won't go into
>full motivation of the reasoning (she doesn't know half of it herself), but
>it was along the lines of "since we've screwed up your life rather badly,
>we'd better compensate".

There's certainly stuff to work with there. First there's the idea of some special purpose - that's a potential explanation in itself (especially when we consider that Lunar "spirits" are likely to be more willing to work with friendly outsiders).

Then there's the whole "screwed up your life" business. If that was kept vague in-game there could be a lot more to it than anything that would be obvious to the character.

You can either say that she's a Jakaleel Practitioner (knowingly or not !) or argue for some (very) special relationship with the "spirit" (lune ?).

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.