Re: Re: Charms for friends

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:14:19 -0600

>From: Lightcastle <light_castle_at_...>
>
>(Blessings also appear to be limited to within the group, but I'm not 100%
>sure of that.)

Seems to me that this is a social thing, rather than god limiting. That is, it seems to me that the Invisible God doesn't restrict the use of any of his magic in any way, really. It's just that liturgists pretty much stick to blessing communities of their followers as the norm. But in a field situation. I'd put it down to relationship again. Does the liturgist think that the character is worthy of the blessings of God?

For my adept, in fact, he's a tad on the sanctimonius side of not casting his spells on just anyone he knows - I'm playing up the Carmanian sense of superiority, despite the character being pretty incompetent. I mean if they're not worthy, then even spells come from god too (as does everything in the monotheist cosmology) so he's not going to allow them to partake of it.

Interestingly, the character has a soft spot for Darjiini (he even has a grimoire from a somewhat syncretic order related to the Darjiini), and the Humakt worshipper is Carmanian. Though now I'm starting to have trouble with that, because it appears that he worships a theist Humakt, which obviously can't be St. Humakt. But he's definitely not using any of his holy magic to benefit the scoundrel Vanchite unless there's a very good reason. :-)

Mike