RE: Re: Charms for friends

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:03:20 -0600

First, Tim, I think that your interpretation works fine, and, in fact, I use it myself in some games. That said...

>From: "Tim Ellis" <tim_at_...>
>
>The problem is that this doesn't quite seem to add up with the
>description of charms.� If a spiritist can use a charm automatically
>and without any contest required then it makes me wonder how it is
>that the spirit in the charm gets to decide not to work for a non
>member.

There's nothing that says that a being that gives magic must have a contest up front to allow people to use their magic. By this logic, since a theist doesn't have to have a contest to get his god to allow him to use a Feat, he should be able to teach the feat to anyone. The point is that the stated version, that tradition charms cannot be given to people outside the tradition is as easily rationalizable as your version. I think either way will work just fine in play.

Mike