Re: Concentration (What Gods Know)

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:35:56 -0000

> I've long considered removing concentration from my games, instead
giving the
> bonus when someone gives up magic from other gods, rather than tying
it to
> the other world.

I arrived at the same conclusion, and have made this change in my own games. Characters in my games increase magical power by making progressively more exclusive commitments to a particular religion. Theism, animism, wizardry, and invocation of talents are just different methods of communicating with Otherworld entitities. Some religions rely more on one method than another, whereas others (such as the Teshnos and Lunar religions) systematically mix the methods.

If I recall correctly, some of Greg Stafford's canonical storylines involve attempts to make the three Otherworlds converge into one. If I were following these storylines, I'd probably want to stick with the Three Otherworlds model.

Rob