Re: Concentration, Lunars and Conversion

From: light_castle_at_...
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:58:20 -0500

Hey Tim.

> Is one of the problems that exists between the Lunars and the
> Orlanthi down to the unusually high level of concentration found
> amongst the Heortlings?

What high concentration found amongst the Heortlings? I thought it had been hammered home repeatedly that "most people don't concentrate". There is an extremely high level of Initiation among the Heortlings, but that's not the same thing. (You don't have to concentrate until you devote.)

Plus, as has been said, it is supposed to be an ancient war for the middle air kind of thing, anyway. :)

I love your analysis, though. :) Still, I might be remembering wrong, but doesn`t the highest level of each system require concentration? Shamans have to concentrate, no? Devotees have to concentrate. I thought Wizards had to concentrate. (I may be misremembering that.)

It does make sense that those furthest along the path of a given religion have the most to lose by abandoning their old ways. (Mind you, since at that level they have often given up all other magic, switching to Lunar would strip them of concentration bonus, all their magic, and probably result in them being hit by spirits of reprisal.)

LC