RE: about heros and hero bands.

From: COPPEAU, Jean-Christophe <Jean-Christophe.COPPEAU_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 19:34:17 +0200

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Bryan Thexton [SMTP:bethexton_at_...]

I like the way you make it sound!!

	Now, if you want to jump right into a high powered
	campaign, you might skip the whole first part, and
	start things off where the heros have had to leave
	their old life behind.  Even in a moderate or low
	powered game, you can dictate that that for whatever
	reason the characters have had to abaondon their old
	lives--just tell the players *before* they put a ton
	of work into writing their relationship with family
	and what-not.

If I was to choose the 'jump right into a high powered campaign' I would still probably make my players play an introduction or flashback part with their meeting, and one or two key events which append when they were still 'big fish in a small pond', and a handfull of NPCs for them to remember with fondness and use at dramatic moment.
In the other rpg I have 'mastered' ( can put my hand on a better word at this time , ah, so frenchy...) it has always been worth the trouble and the time when it came to throw my players quickly in the middle of great heroïc events.

        The Frenchy ;-)²