Re: Adepts & multiple spell use

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:24:20 +0000

>On p164 we read that "An adept can cast a spell at any time, using it
>as an active ability or an augment. Since each spell has its own
>rating, even multiple spells from the same grimoire can be used to
>augment a single other ability or each other".
>
>Confusingly, this seems to be contradicted on the same page, in the
>very next section, regarding Grimoires: "An adept cannot use multiple
>spells from the same grimoire to augment another ability or each other".
>
>Which statement is correct?

I think that this is another case of unclear writing - the second statement is poorly written and misleading but entirely wrong The first statement is from the section on casting spells the Adept knows individually. The second is from the section about casting spells from a Grimoire.

So I think the prohibition in the second example only applies when casting spells from the Grimoire (i.e. using the Grimoire ability which would involve using the same ability multiple times). Spells that an Adept knows individually can be cast individually (not using the Grimoire) as per the first statement.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.