RE: Adepts & multiple spell use

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:44:48 -0000

> But you are still augmenting twice over from the same magical
> source (the grimoire).
>
> >And in any case - why not? Sure, that may well be what the
> rules say - but
> >why do they say that?
>
> I think it a case of simplicity and cleanness - one magic
> source, one target, one effect.

Maybe... Maybe I'm just visualising it all wrong.

Look, suppose I have Mrs Beeton's Grimoire of Cookery. The mundane ability I want to augment is "make dinner". So I use a spell called "soup", a spell called "roast beef", a few about vegetables, and an extra for pudding. Yes, I start them off one at a time, but I'm using "boil carrots" while "roast beef" is still going.

In what way does this picture not match the use of a grimoire?