RE: Adepts & multiple spell use

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:51:28 -0800

Jane

> > I think it a case of simplicity and cleanness - one magic
>> source, one target, one effect.
>
>Maybe... Maybe I'm just visualising it all wrong.
>
>Look, suppose I have Mrs Beeton's Grimoire of Cookery. The mundane ability I
>want to augment is "make dinner". So I use a spell called "soup", a spell
>called "roast beef", a few about vegetables, and an extra for pudding. Yes,
>I start them off one at a time, but I'm using "boil carrots" while "roast
>beef" is still going.
>
>In what way does this picture not match the use of a grimoire?

Look, you can come up with any house rule you want. Peter's describing the rules in print. I'm sure they're intended to prevent "Saint Onslaught's Manual of Hacking" from giving a +10 to every combat.

If you look at this another way: you're augmenting your Make Dinner with Mrs Beeton's ability to cook, as written in her book. Sure, it's in different sections, but it's still her ability. If you want more augments, you need Beat-Pot's "Kitchen Confidential" to get an entirely different perspective.

--

David Dunham