Re: Re: Adepts & multiple spell use

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:56:06 -0800

> >>So, sorcery can do spells that last a very long time, right?
>
> Being too lazy to wander upstairs to check the rulebook, but I'm not
> sure this is necessarily the case in HQ - I think HW made it easier to
> extend the duration of a Sorcery spell, but ISTR HQ just has a single
> table. (Liturgists blessings, however tend to last a whole week by
> default...)

Anyone can make magic last a long time, it just takes more effort. In HW sorcerers got a break in manipulating Duration, Range & Number of Targets, but that was eliminated in HQ. Not being to lazy to reach across the desk, I find the "Modifiers to Magic" table on page 100 of the main rules.

> >>Does that mean the Grimoire is "engaged" until the spell is over?

It's engaged in that particualr task, but you may use it to cast a spell on someone else, or a different spell on the same person but a different target ability - it's just that particular combination of Grimoire and Target ability that is "engaged".

If you cast "Augment Sword Blow" from your Grimoire to augment Bob's "Sword and Shield Fighting" ability, then you can't cast any other spell from that Grimoire to augment Bob's "Sword and Shield Fighting". You *could*, however, cast "Stand Fast" on Bob's "Fear Trolls"; or cast "Augment Sword Blow" on *Fred's* "Sword and Shield fighting".

RR
- Richelieu