Re: Sorcery 101: Scriptures, Formularies, Grimoires

From: Paul Albertella <elboi_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:47:28 -0000

Theo wrote:
> I'm contemplating playing an essence-user for the first time and I'm
> wrestling a bit with the terminology. Can you validate that I have
> this correct regarding the differences between the 3 types of books.

Other important differences:

SCRIPTURES:

FORMULARIES:

> By the way - I assume the difference between Blessings/Curses and
> Spells is that the former are only Augments, whereas the latter can
> be active spells?

Yes, that's right: blessings act as automatic augments, curses as automatic penalties. It's worth noting that a blessing can be used any number of times while it remains in effect, but a worshipper can only use one blessing to augment one ability in any given contest, and the ability that is augmented must be appropriate to the Blessing.