Re: Re: MoLaD ALert!! Dragonmeet, London Sat 3rd Dec 2005

From: Neil Smith <neil_at_...>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 19:37:34 +0000

On Friday 02 Dec 2005 4:22 pm, Rob wrote:
> --- In HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jane Williams"
> <janewilliams20_at_y...> wrote:
> Yes, that's right, the husband who
>
> > just tried to kill me, but I still love him, and you hit him over (or
> > through) my dead body..."
> >
> > So he did. Ah, tragedy!
> >
> > And no, that lot wasn't spoilers, a different lot of players would
> > come up with a totally different result.
>
> You know, I was still pretty suprised that he [the Humakti] did that
> [slaughtered an innocent to kill a helpless enemy he'd sworn to kill] you
> know, but it did make for a very shakespearean ending!!

It was a fantastic moment for me, too. The look on the Humakti player's face when he was deciding whether to strike that final blow was wonderful.

> I have run PP a couple of times now, and each time its been different.
> As a GM you are kind of fascinated at how people are going to deal
> with it.

I agree. It always turns out different when I run it, and it's wonderful to watch how different people take the same starting point and end up in completely different places.

And a little plug: the scenario "The Peace Process" is in the MoLaD scenario library, so any it could well be running whenever a bunch of MoLaD members get together to run games. At places like Continuum, for example.

It might also be running sometime in Feb/March when the MKRPG club's mini-con-like thing runs in Milton Keynes, UK. More details when we've figured out what they are!

Neil.

--
Neil Smith                         Milton Keynes Roleplaying Games Club
neil_at_...                           http://www.mk-rpg.org.uk