RE: Re: MoLaD ALert!! Dragonmeet, London Sat 3rd Dec 2005

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 01:21:29 -0000

> > You know, I was still pretty suprised that he [the Humakti] did that
> > [slaughtered an innocent to kill a helpless enemy he'd
> sworn to kill] you
> > know, but it did make for a very shakespearean ending!!

> It was a fantastic moment for me, too. The look on the
> Humakti player's face
> when he was deciding whether to strike that final blow was
> wonderful.

I think he had problems believing that as a player, I not only didn't mind him slaughtering my character, I wanted it. It was so obviously the way she was going to end up, anything else would have been an anti-climax.

And to drag this vaguely back to Rules (that being the list title), ISTR us having great trouble figuring out how to handle that. The obvious way of doing it was his (massive) sword skill vs... Something. But in retrospect, it should perhaps have been more like his "Callous", "Determined", or something like that, v. perhaps another of his own skills: "Merciful", an unwritten "unwilling to slaughter defenceless women", augmented by my "loves husband" as just a reason for him to admire my courage/idiocy and be less willing to make the kill.

Possibly I should also have done a contest between my "loves husband" and my "wants to survive", augmented by his "terrifying". If any such skills had been on the character sheet.

> It might also be running sometime in Feb/March when the MKRPG club's
> mini-con-like thing runs in Milton Keynes, UK. More details
> when we've figured out what they are!

And that's my near-local... Another go wth a different PC?