Extended contests - followers as augments or AP batteries?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:26:52 -0000

I never did like these things, or get the hang of them.

Group of PCs, with a total of five followers between them, v an NPC with one useful "sidekick" (another NPC, I'm not enforcing "sidekick" rules here) and a warband of about 20 loyal supporters.

Group extended contest time.

So we pick a PC to lead off, all the rest put in augments, add up total skill, work out AP from that. And have to figure out what to do about the 5 followers: either a +2 from each, or 17 AP from each, seems likely.

Now the NPC. His skills and augments, plus some from his "sidekick". Now, what do I do with those 20-odd warband? 20 lots of +2? 20 lots of 17AP? Either seems over the top. But the "community support" rules seem to give him a miniscule augment, and no option of extra APs.

I'm missing something, aren't I?