RE: Extended contests - followers as augments or AP batteries?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:42:53 -0000

> What is the contest goal?

It won't make a lot of sense out of context, I suspect, but as last defined: "getting General Vur to acknowledge that he cedes the temple ruin to the Legion, and possibly entering into some form of formal compact with the Legion".

That's for the overall contest: this round is limited to the PC acting as an intermediary to persuade Vur to at least acknowledge his credentials in public (ie. in front of the other PCs), not in private.

> Can all these people actually contribute in the appropriate way?

I think so, yes.

> Also, I'm not sure you can loan the followers. It doesn't
> matter if the PCs
> have 5 followers between them, only the lead PC gets to have
> their follower augment OR add AP.

> The others, since they are all augmenting to a single PC,
> can use their followers to augment their number that they
> then use to augment that PC. (Or so I would understand it.)

OK. Though some of them are applying more than one augment, where they have "always on" abilities. Which number does the follower's augment get applied to?

> You can't loan your follower out, your follower is part of you.

Another of those areas where I've never understood how rules map to reality. There are a total of nine people standing around here. One's talking, three are saying things to back him up, five are merely looking supportive. What is stopping them being supportive of the one doing the talking? Yes, there's a rules-construct, but what does it represent? Supporting him is what they'd naturally do, they're all on the same side. The rules imply that they're doing their support via "their" PC as an intermediary, but what does that look like? Do they only nod sagely when "their" PC speaks, and frown when the main man is at centre stage? Despite agreeing with everything he's saying? Or what?