Final Action & Sidekicks

From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 12:55:59 -0600

A couple of situations came up in my game yesterday that I hadn't encountered before.
  1. How do you make the resistance roll on a Final Action for a character who is at exactly 0 APs? What's the target? Or does it just always succeed and merely cost the hero his action that round?
  2. If a hero has a sidekick who is a healer, and at the beginning of a contest they deliberately state they want their healer to "stay out of it" (i.e. they don't augment or supply APs) until their healing abilities are needed, what happens if that hero goes to or below 0 APs? Is the healer out of the contest too, even though the intent was to keep him or her as a reserve of 'emergency APs' to be used only when needed?

Thanks!

Brian Curley