RE: Re: Extended contests - followers as augments or AP batteries?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:19:29 +0000 (GMT)

> I love the flexibility of this game. The same
> contest can seamlessly move from
> two groups facing off (hoard against hoard),

Actually it was horde against horde, but there *is* a Hoard around - I wonder how I can fit that in? :)

> to one-on-one and back with new
> heroes taking the lead. All without breaking into
> different rule sub-systems.

Even if us Bears of Little Brain do get all confused. At least here it's possible, I just have to figure out how.

> Yes, I is a disadvantage.

Not when it takes me this long to figure out the rules, it isn't!

> The advantage is that I as a player get a chance to
> make a greater contribution to the narration of the
> game. My speed of thought
> to produce good narration isn't high and I would
> miss out on the opportunity in a f2f game.

Same here. Not that I've been doing much intensive in-game writing these days, the players are so good at it I don't need to - but it's nice to have the time to get it right.

> I'm a newbie to the game and I keep on
> finding dragons mouths to put my head in just to see
> how hard they bite!! :)

I could leave you thumb-twiddling if you prefer.... no? I promise that anything nasty I do to your character will be fun for the player. Honest.

> Feels a bit like I'm Tom Cruse in 12 good men facing
> off against Jack Nicholson!!

Not a reference that means much to me, but if you're feeling like a Hero facing a Challenge, I must be getting it right.

> Given the last time I did it on my own my brain was
> mushed by a dragonewt
> statue, I'll go for the mental scaring, so long as
> they are pretty :)

Ha! Minor defeat, -1 to related actions for the day, IIRC. I just took the time to describe it. You go around using magical vision to inspect DN magic, what do you expect to happen?