Re: Keyword ratinga vs character age

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:09:19 +0100

Jane:

> Quite - no real reason to do so. What you want to keep balanced is the
> player ability to create drama, not the character ability to affect the
> universe. Yes, they're connected, but they're not the same.

I think that's a very important point. Also, having a triple mastery in Play Pentan Nose Flute or Embroid ery probably affects gaming balance a lot less than a triple mastery in Persuasion or Spear Fighting.

> Have a quick think about the Fellowship of the Ring. Balanced party? I think
> not. The hobbits have far more ability to create drama than the stereotyped
> elf and dwarf, despite being a mastery or two behind in power levels.

You could make a case though that the hobbit species keyword includes Resilient 15w2, that Frodo has a very high Sense of Duty and Sam an even higher Loyal to Frodo. As for Merry and Pippin their Stumble Along and Survive seems rather impressive...

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams