After Demo Dust Settles

From: Michael W. Ryan <mryan_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:01:16 -0400 (EDT)

Well, I ran a demo game at my gaming group last night. I used the Hound Tower scenario. Overall, the game went well, and the system was pretty well received. I have some questions, however.

First, when the dog men initiated combat in the first scene, the healer wanted to use her Self Defense affinity as her defending ability (the one that APs get based on). Is it appropriate to use an affinity in this manner?

Second, in practice, how should one go about determining the abilities used to determine the APs? Should it be the abilities used in the first exchange?

Lastly, I'm assuming it's germaine to use an ability in combat to affect your opponent for some other purpose than reducing APs. For example, a devoteee of Orlanth Adventurous wanted to use use Move Object with Wind to fling a stew pot across the room at his opponent. I wound up giving it an extra ^2 for suprise value. Would it have also been appropriate to, instead of going to reduce APs to say it loses its next action due to being stunned?

Oh yeah, one more. A dog man is attacking a hero with his bite (^1). The hero is defending with his spear and shield combat ability (^3) and wearing leather armor (^2 all together for armor). The dog man bids 5 and suffers a marginal defeat. Would the dog man lose just 5 APs, or would it lose 8 APs (5 bid plus 3 for the spear)?

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan_at_...              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

No, I don't hear voices in my head;
I'm the one that tells the voices in your head what to say.