RE: Re: Combat Rules

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:02:27 -0000

> Would you scrap the wounding rules,
> then? (Drop the 7ap for a -1 and just offer a "hit to wound"
> idea as a set up a penalty roll?)

I've always liked the idea of being able to inflict a wound (or choose to accept a wound) rather than have AP loss as a result. It lets you end up at the -10 to all actions and still on 1AP stage: "come back, I'll bite your kneecaps!"

But that fixed amount of 7ap seemed wrong. In a contest that starts with 300ap a side, it's irrelevant. If you've only got 6 AP left, it's crucial. I have no idea how to fix this, but it does look like a problem.

Come to think of it, what I've done in the past is have a series of chained simple contests. Or a simple contest as an "unrelated" action in the middle of an extended (arggh!). But the 7ap = 1 hurt method has just never worked for me.