Re: Re: Combat Rules

From: Lightcastle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:22:11 -0500

On Friday 23 December 2005 3:02 am, Jane Williams wrote:

> I've always liked the idea of being able to inflict a wound (or choose to
> accept a wound) rather than have AP loss as a result. It lets you end up at
> the -10 to all actions and still on 1AP stage: "come back, I'll bite your
> kneecaps!"

Same here. I happen to like the "pull off a last-minute victory but only by limping away" motif. (Both combat and non-combat.)

> But that fixed amount of 7ap seemed wrong. In a contest that starts with
> 300ap a side, it's irrelevant. If you've only got 6 AP left, it's crucial.
> I have no idea how to fix this, but it does look like a problem.

That's been my experience. It came up in a contest with 25 AP and another with 130. I suppose it could be turned into a %, just as bids are ranked by what fraction of total AP you are risking.

LC