Re: Re: Concentration (What Gods Know)

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:16:26 -0600

>From: Lightcastle <light_castle_at_...>
>
>In Theism, you have the fact that the improv penalty for using a feat by an
>initiate is halved. That's the kind of lower limiter I think would work
>well.
>But I can't think of an equivalent in the other systems.
>
>LC

Refering back to this old conversation, I personally have taken some poster's suggestion here (sorry not to be able to give proper credit), and will simply be having players take a "Concentrated in Theism" ability or such, which gives augments to the appropriate abilities, and penalizes the stuff you'd expect in respect to other otherworlds. A character with "Concentrated in Theism 17" might get a +2 on a contest to open the God World or something, but have a -2 to do anything in the Spirit World. I'm considering "requiring" (soft requiring) a 1W2 level to become a devotee or a shaman or such. Which is far less than the -20 otherworld penalty, but not insubstantial. In fact, I might allow this to augment any use of the appropriate magic. Which gives a strong incentive to specialize, I think.

Mike