Re: Digest Number 1986

From: Labrygon_at_...
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 01:23:40 EST

In a message dated 12/24/2005 8:44:25 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time, HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

Roderick
> Nope, it was always intended as a shorthand, not a package (okay, I can't
> talk for Robin, but *I* intended it as a shorthand).

I'm fairly sure that there was a post on this group from Robin where he said that if Glorantha hadn't been such a specific setting, but rather a more generic pulp action setting then keywords would not really have a list of abilities at all and simply be Warrior, Wizard, Scientist etc.

For an elegant solution, this works much better for me. One ability, fairly general, can be used to augment another ability once. Makes for a much neater system IMO.

Rgds,
Keith