Dueling

From: John Galloway <yuskim1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:59:43 -0000

I notice that the first ability listed for the Petty Noble occupation is 'Dueling'. Does the absence of a specific weapon (or even the generic [weapon]) imply that a petty noble character is familiar with any and all of the dueling weapons that are culturally appropriate?

Unfortunately I'm no weapons expert so, apart from the rapier, I have no idea what sorts of melee weapons have served as dueling weapons down through history. So I'm interested in finding out what range of choices my character may have. If it will be of any help he will probably be heavily influenced by Dara Happan or Carmanian culture.

Thanks,