Re: Re: After Demo Dust Settles

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 22:29:26 +0100

On Wed, 31 May 2000 20:51:11 -0000, abohlig_at_... wrote:

>This brings up an interesting point that doesn't sit well with me. I
>agree that this is a correct interpretation of the rules, but it
>means that a healer with a self defense of 19 is more combat ready
>than a thane with a close combat of 18. One approach would be to
>impose a heavy improvisational mod on the healer initiated exchange
>(i.e. any attack by the healer).

Two points. One, the healer cannot attack with this, so he must use some other ability/affinity when it's his turn to act. Two, although the doggie-boy can tire himself out beating at magical walls (ie lose AP), he cannot (in my opinion) take wounds, could always make a run for it (he did) if he discovers he's not good enough to get through. In other words, a defensive Feat can only win a fight if the other guy is stupid enough to beat himself to death.

Wulf