Heroquest License Press Release

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 23:16:14 -0000

Issaries Inc. and Moon Design Publications announce new licensing agreement for Greg Stafford's HeroQuest RPGIssaries Inc. and Moon Design Publications are delighted to announce a new licensing agreement for HeroQuest, the Roleplaying game set in Greg Stafford's mythic world of Glorantha.

As of December 24, 2005 Moon Design Publications, publishers of the successful Gloranthan Classics series, takes over all of the creation, publication and sales of HeroQuest Roleplaying products.

"This is great for me," said Greg Stafford, co-designer of HeroQuest and President of Issaries Inc. "This liberates me from the business end of things and frees up my time to be a full time writer. I can't think of a more appropriate publisher than Rick Meints, of Moon Design Publications. He's a successful businessman who brings energy, professionalism and ambitious enthusiasm to the project."

Moon Design Publications President Rick Meints said, "HeroQuest is one of my favorite RPGs, and we're looking forward to working with Greg to provide him with an outlet for his incredible creative talents."

Moon Design Publications plans for the immediate release of the HeroQuest supplement Under the Red Moon, and a reissue of HeroQuest, the core rules book by award-winning game designer Robin Laws. Other projects are lined up to present a full publication schedule, including the new poly-genera RPG Questworlds.

Early in 2006 the Glorantha.com web site will be expanded to feature more reference information, forums, a full line store and up-to-date news on projects. For the moment HeroQuest and related Glorantha products will be available at retail through Steve Jackson's E23, and the entire line will shortly be available in PDF format from DrivethruRPG.com.

"We will be releasing both paper and PDF versions of these games and supplements, and are preparing LARPs as well", said Mr. Meints. "Glorantha's 40th anniversary is just around the corner, and we want to make it one of the game's best years yet."

For more information contact:
Rick Meints, Moon Design Publications
info_at_...