Re: Secrets

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:19:07 +0000

I wrote:
> The context of my original question was that I asserted that the Cult
> Secret rules were broken to the point of useless and that they had
> probably never been play tested.

To recap. The Humakti Secret for example is useless, as presented in the rules, because all Humakti have a Death ability already: it's usually called Sword Combat. A player who managed to raise their character to the power level where they gained the Secret would have no reason, from a rules PoV, to ever spend HPs on increasing their Secret, because those points would be much better spent on Sword Combat.

Many of the other Secrets are likewise pathetically weak compared to whatever abilities a character would have by the time they could, according to the rules, acquire them.

I suspect that was never the intention of the game designers.